How to report traffic-safety incidents to the SHA

Neighbors, if you wish to report a traffic- or pedestrian-safety issue on a state road in Takoma Park such as 410 (Philadelphia Ave), 320 (Piney Branch Road), or 195 (Carroll Ave), I suggest these steps:

Use the State Highway Administration form at Choose the topic “Traffic / Intersection Safety Issues” and the appropriate sub-topic, perhaps “Pedestrian / Crosswalks” and report the incident. If you provide your e-mail address, you should get a message with subject along the lines “Maryland SHA Case # SR-0130381.” It won’t include the descriptive text or details you provided, so copy that information before you submit your report.

Then forward the message you received, with the descriptive information, to Christopher Bishop (, the SHA’s District 3 Community Liaison, and Anyesha Mookherjee (, who is Assistant District Engineer – Traffic (Montgomery County). Copy your message to Police Chief Alan Goldberg ( and Acting City Manager Suzanne Ludlow ( City Manager Brian Kenner ( and to me if you wish, if the incident was in Ward 1 (

To check the status of an SHA service request or add a comment or question, visit

Leave a Reply