The city has posted video of the February 27th, 2014 Town Hall Meeting on Crime Prevention, organized by Sycamore Avenue residents with the participation of regional and state police officials, moderated by Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot and Mayor Bruce Williams.
The Sycamore Avenue residents created a white paper in advance of the meeting.
Participating in the meeting were:
- Takoma Park Police Chief Alan Goldberg
- Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger
- Prince George’s County Police Chief Mark Magaw
- Washington DC Police Chief Cathy Lanier
- Maryland State Police Superintendent Col. Marcus Brown
- WMATA Police Chief Ron Pavlik
- Montgomery County Park Chief of Police Antonio DeVaul
- UMD – College Park Police Captain Philip Tou
I do want to make sure that everyone knows about the AlertTakoma e-mail list. AT is “a channel for information on crime incidents and immediate actions to take or that have been taken in response. It is also a channel for announcements relating to crime from authorities. The geographic coverage is the neighborhoods within Takoma Park Maryland and the Takoma neighborhood of Washington DC centered on the Takoma Metro station.”