The city is now actively searching for an environmental sustainability coordinator. This person will spearhead implementation of the city’s Environmental Sustainability Action Plan, http://citycouncil-takomapark.s3.amazonaws.com/agenda/items/2013/brendle-group-report-09-30-2013.pdf, which was created by consultant the Brendle Group (http://www.takomaparkmd.gov/publicworks/projects/environmental-sustainability-action-plan-and-preparation-of-greenhouse-gas-inventory).
The listing is below. Apply online via http://bit.ly/1dzFutf . City staff will manage the recruiting process. Please note that the council will not be involved in the hiring decision.
The City of Takoma Park is seeking a Sustainability Coordinator to develop, plan, supervise, manage and lead efforts to develop and implement a City-wide environmental sustainability effort with a particular emphasis on residential and multi-family energy efficiency. The Sustainability Coordinator will provide professional services, either directly or through subordinate staff and/or professional service contracts, in the areas of energy management as well as voluntary program design, implementation and measurement.
- Responsible for identifying sustainability goals, advocating for resources, and analyzing and proposing new policy to address sustainability.
- Accountable for program development, outreach to the community,partnership building with organizations within and outside the community, and pursuing funding and financing mechanisms for achieving plan goals.
- Design, implement, monitor, document, and communicate about programs targeting residential and multi-family building efficiency, carpooling and transportation challenges, and public and private renewable energy projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, EnvironmentalPolicy or Management, Public Administration, Urban Planning or other related field;
- Three (3) to five (5) years related professional experience including developing and implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy programs.
- Knowledge of and experience in environmental management, climate change, energy efficiency, renewable energy and environmental sustainability principles.